Wednesday 18 April 2012

Letting Go

"So then, any of you who does not forsake all that he has cannot be my disciple." -Luke 14:33

What am I holding on to that I need to let go of?

-Food/eating habits
-Material possessions
-Old habits (just the way I live life in general)

I need a change. A big change. A radical change. But how? How do I even begin to change 27 year old habits?

One at a time. Baby steps. I need to turn my life upside down and shake off all the dust that has dimmed the light inside of me.

This means no more sleeping as late as I can in the morning, but rising before the dawn to feast on the Lord before everyone else is up.

This means no more laziness and disciplining my body daily with exercise.

This means no more eating without a though but eating consciously. Being truly thankful and mindful before each bite. This also means eating more healthily.

This means no more holding onto things for that 'one day' or just in case but truly decluttering and blessing others and putting all my faith in God that He will provide and care for us. This also means letting go of the poverty mindset I have so embraced over the years.

This means no more filling the hours at the end of the day and throughout the day with TV and internet and books but filling those times with real purpose - focusing on housework, the kids, my husband, and most importantly the Lord. How will I ever know His calling on my life if I don't take the time to tune in?

Baby steps though, right?

First and foremost is my time in the morning. I believe this is a crucial aspect to my day. I desperately want more of Him and I am not going to get it unless I seek Him out.

Please pray for me if you happen to think of it. :) Be blessed today, friends!



**I typo'd that title and put Letting God instead. I think that is pretty fitting for what I just wrote about. I need to both let go and let God. If I just let go then who or what will take it's place? I must let God fill the void or I will be no better off than when I first began.

"And it goes and brings other spirits, seven [of them], more evil than itself, and they enter in, settle down, and dwell there; and the last state of that person is worse than the first." -Luke 11:26 (AMP)

No comments:

Post a Comment