Tuesday 27 September 2011

It's never too late to start...

Ok...so I have gotten nowhere since last week. I came down with a bad head cold last week that just knocked me right out. I took 3 "sick days" while hubby was off work and then was forced right back into the swing of things when he had to go back. And then he left me for a week to go hunting. (I hope you are having a great time, honey!...seriously!!) I am feeling pretty much 100% now though. I say pretty much because even though I am single parenting this week I have decided to take on as many jobs as if there were 3 of us here! 

What was/am I thinking!?!? 

First, I have three kids ages 5, 3 and 18 months. That alone should keep me busy enough. But, no. 

Second, I volunteered to organize our church fundraiser of a garage and bake sale. Really, this is doable. I considered carefully before volunteering for this job. A lot of work, yes, but very manageable for my schedule.

Third,  I am trying to start up a small cake making business out of my home (Check out these goodies here) so when the opportunity to make one for the Monday following the weekend he left came up, of course I jumped right on it! I am so thankful for the opportunity but that took up about two days or so.

Fourth, I decided that since hubby really dislikes painting and I really enjoy it (just makes the house feel like home, I think) I would take on the task of finally painting our daughter's room this week. And not just slapping up some paint, oh no. Painting it a bright, coral pink with lime green stripes AND sewing a couple of new throw pillows for her bed to match. (There will be pictures to follow as I'm sure it is going to look so fun when/if I finally finish it!) 

Fifth (oh yes, there is a fifth) there is also a bake sale fundraiser going on at daughter's school in two days so that means that I have to really get my butt in gear and get baking so that I have something to contribute to both her and the church bake sale.

I made up a list of all the things I wanted to accomplish while he was gone and I am nowhere near coming close to half done all of the jobs I put on there. Were my expectations a little high? Um...yes. But it's the effort that counts, right?

So, now that I am no farther ahead than I was 10 days ago, I am going to begin simplifying my life. (Ha it's pretty humorous to say that looking at my list and my week still ahead of me!!)

Step one: I need to come up with a way to organize my days so that weeks like this don't faze me (or at least don't make me want run home to my mom and dad's until hubby returns!) To do this I need to establish routines. So this is what I came up with:

6:30am - Wake up, get ready for the day, begin fellowship with the Lord
7:00am - Wake up kids and get them ready for school (They each have their own routines but I won't put them up here today.)
8:00am - Leave for school
9:00 - 10:00am - Tidy kitchen from breakfast and play with boys
10:00 - 11:00am - Devotions
11:00 - Noon - Housework
Noon - 1:00 - Lunch time
1:00 - 2:15 - Play/Learning time
2:15 - Leave for school
3:00 - Housework
4:00 - Homework time & start supper
5:00 - Supper time
6:00 - Bath and story time
7:00 - Bedtime(!) and exercise
8:30 - Devotions & Blog
9:00 - 10:00 - Quiet time with hubby and then bed!

Pretty detailed, time wise. This is pretty much how my day goes anyways but by scheduling in play time and housework and devotions this should make things go more smoothly. That's the plan anyways :) And it's NEVER too late to start! 

No comments:

Post a Comment